Network Engineer is actually a tech professional that is able to maintain network connectivity concerning video, voice, telephone, data and wireless networking services. Our network engineers are responsible for running the entire computer network. These network engineers may also be known as network architects.
Responsibilities for Network Engineers
- They need to control and maintain the computing environment associated with the computer program, as well as the program, computer software structure, applications, hardware, and configuration.
- They need to troubleshoot, diagnose and fix applications, hardware, and other system and network difficulties.
- Have to create the plan and implementation of new solutions and enhance the general durability of their modern surroundings.
- Must perform disaster recovery operations and record copies when demanded.
- They’ll have to track overall network performance to select whether changes wish to get made.
- Must execute the installation of routing and switching equipment.
- They restrain server IP voice services and firewalls. Policy for the system architects will need to assess where communications are required, submit them to management for approval, and make the most recent improvements in the technology industry.
- Engineers must understand and zero on hardware and wiring requirements to get their organization or client’s area. They are also responsible for enhancing or improving network operation.
What Are The Network Types
- LAN – Local Area Network
- MAN – Metropolitan Area Network
- WAN – Wide Area Network
- CAN – Campus/Controller/Cluster Area Network
- VoIP – Voice Over Internet Protocol Network
- PAN – Personal Area Network
- WLAN -Wireless Local Area Network
- GAN – Global Area Network
- SAN – Storage/System/Server/Small Area Network
- DAN – Desk Area Network
Qualification and Certifications for Network Engineer
The education qualification for Network engineer is that they should complete any tech or even a certain level within the computer science field. And should have a good knowledge of hardware.
- CCIE (Cisco)
- CCNP (Cisco)
- JNCIE-ENT (Juniper)
- Network+ (CompTIA)
- WCNA (Wireshark)
The starting pay scale for network engineers was $55,610, & for experienced up to $158,590.
Advance Certification For Networking career:
- Alcatel-Lucent Network Routing Specialist I (NRS I)
- Alcatel-Lucent Network Routing Specialist II (NRS II)
Aruba Networks Certifications
- Aruba Certified Solutions Professional (ACSP)
- Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA)
- Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP)
- ITS Technician
HP Expertone Networking Certifications
- HP Accredited Integration Specialist (HP AIS) – Network Infrastructure
- HP Accredited Solutions Expert (HP ASE) – Network Architect
- HP Accredited Solutions Expert (HP ASE) – Network Infrastructure
- HP Accredited Solutions Expert (HP ASE) – Wireless Networks Implementer
- HP Master Accredited Systems Engineer (HP Master ASE) – Network Infrastructure
- HP Master Accredited Systems Engineer (HP Master ASE) – Wireless Networks Implementer
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Wireless (CCNA Wireless)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Routing and Switching (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Wireless (CCNP Wireless)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Wireless (CCIE Wireless)
- CompTIA Network+
- Certified in Convergent Network Technologies (CCNT)
Certified Wireless Network Professional (CWNP)
- Certified Wireless Technology Specialist (CWTS)
- Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)
- Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP)
- Certified Wireless Analysis Professional (CWAP)
- Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE)
Electronics Technicians Association (ETA) International Certifications
- Certified Network Computer Technician (CNCT)
- Certified Network Systems Technician (CNST)
- Wireless Network Technician (WNT)
Extreme Networks Certifications
- Extreme Networks Certified Specialist (ECS)
- Extreme Networks Certified Expert (ECE)
- Enterasys Certified Architect (ECA)
Difference Between Network Engineer and Network Administrator:
Network engineers and network managers belong to the same background but job functions are different. Whereas the network should be maintained by network administrators, network engineers may design and produce the networks.